2022 eHealthcare Leadership Award Winners Announced
// By Susan Dubuque //
Winners of the 23rd Annual eHealthcare Leadership Awards were announced on November 9, at an awards luncheon held during the Healthcare Internet Conference (HCIC).
To accommodate those who were not able to attend in person, the presentation was live-streamed, and the virtual event is available on eHealthcareAwards.com. We hope you’ll invite your team to watch the on-demand version and get the recognition you so richly deserve!
The theme for this year’s award presentation was Humanity – celebrating the contributions members of our profession make to the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
More than 250 organizations were recognized for their outstanding work. Winners of Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Distinction awards represent 18 industry classifications, from hospitals and health systems to pharmaceutical firms and medical device companies. See the full list of winners here.
This year, the eHealthcare Leadership Awards recognized winners in 28 different categories:
- Best Annual or Special Report
- Best Care/Disease Management
- Best Intranet
- Best Digital Internal Communications
- Best Doctor Directory (Sponsored by Sparkle)
- Best Overall Digital Patient Experience (Sponsored by Geonetric)
- Best Healthcare Podcast (Sponsored by Doctor Podcasting)
- Best Healthcare Content (Sponsored by Private Health News)
- Best Social Media
- Best Rich Media
- Best Interactive (Sponsored by Medicom Health)
- Best Mobile Website
- Best Mobile App
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign (Sponsored by Salesforce)
- Best Integrated Marketing Campaign
- Best Internet Home Page
- Best Landing Page or Microsite
- Best Site Design (Sponsored by Phase 2)
- Best Overall Internet Site
- Best Digital Leadership in Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Best COVID-19 Pandemic Related Communication (Sponsored by BroadcastMED)
- Best Use of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Marketing – NEW
- Best Digital Physician Engagement – NEW
- Best Email Content – Individual Email – NEW
- Best Email Content – Email Series – NEW
- Best Short Video Content – Under 2 minutes – NEW
- Best Long Video Content – 2 minutes or longer – NEW
- Mark Gothberg eHealthcare Organizational Commitment Award
For the fifth year, we worked with Siteimprove to generate an accessibility score for entries in the Best Mobile Website and Best Overall Internet categories. A weighted accessibility score was combined with other criteria to evaluate entries in these categories.
Top Award Recognizes Four Winners
The Mark Gothberg eHealthcare Organizational Commitment Award is our highest honor, recognizing industry leadership, innovation, and commitment. Entries are evaluated on an organization’s overall digital approach and strategy, including web and mobile strategy, marketing, staffing, internal communications, financial commitment, and most of all, results. This year, we recognized four winners of this prestigious award:
With Appreciation to Our Sponsors
A special thanks to this year’s sponsors for their support:
- Geonetric A digital experience agency with deep technical and creative expertise, Geonetric provides hospitals, health systems, and medical groups with digital experience strategy, user experience consulting, website redesigns, and creative digital services optimized for the unique needs of the healthcare industry.
- Private Health News (PHN) provides proven interactive communication solutions, content marketing, and engagement tools. PHN helps healthcare providers build ongoing, targeted relationships with consumers through My Health e-News™ and physicians and nurses through MedNews Plus™– all based on their specialties and specific health interests.
- BroadcastMed is the leading physician-focused content marketing company with a comprehensive range of video solutions. BroadcastMed helps the world’s best healthcare brands engage, educate, and inspire physicians by producing and promoting video content that improves healthcare and delivers measurable business results.
- Medicom Health’s online health risk assessments (HRAs) help hospitals convert online visits to office visits with versatile, 100 percent personalized health awareness tool.
- Phase2 makes digital products that inspire, engage, and create impact, transforming the patient experience from a series of disjointed interactions to a continuous, frictionless, and enriching healthcare journey.
- Salesforce is the world’s #1 customer relationship management (CRM) platform. We help your marketing, sales, commerce, service and IT teams work as one from anywhere — so you can keep your customers happy everywhere.
- Centretek is a full-service digital agency providing strategy, design, and development services for healthcare organizations. Centretek specializes in open-source web content management solutions and is the leading provider of Drupal services for healthcare.
- Kyruus helps healthcare organizations connect people with the right care across their key access points. Its provider search and scheduling platform enables leading health systems, hospitals, and medical groups nationwide to attract and retain patients with a modern and consistent access experience.
- NDP Agency is a leading healthcare marketing agency, providing clients with insights, confidence, and, ultimately, results. NDP believes in the power of creativity to change behavior and make a positive difference in the world.
- Loyal is an end-to-end digital and AI-powered solution spanning the entirety of the patient journey. As the leading healthcare consumer experience company solely dedicated to the betterment of patient care, Loyal is the preferred platform for improved care used by the nation’s leading health systems and hospitals.
Thanking Our Judges
A total of 143 healthcare digital marketing experts judged the entries. Judges evaluated websites and other digital communications, comparing them with others in the organization’s classification. They also reviewed entries based on a proprietary multi-point standard of digital excellence. The Best Overall Internet Site category, for example, had to address more than 40 factors. Thanks to our judges for their invaluable contribution to the success of the Awards.
If you believe you are qualified to serve as a judge, apply here.
Our sincere congratulations to all the winners of the 23rd Annual eHealthcare Leadership Awards and their design or other agencies and service providers. Entries for the 2023 eHealthcare Leadership Awards will open May 1, 2023.
Susan Dubuque is a cofounder of NDP Agency, a marketing and advertising firm based in Richmond, Virginia, and a nationally recognized expert in behavioral marketing. She literally wrote the book on marketing’s role in health improvement, Gearing Up for Population Health: Marketing for Change. Susan serves on the editorial advisory board of Strategic Health Care Marketing and is co-chair of the 2022 eHealthcare Leadership Awards.