2020 eHealthcare Leadership Award Winners Announced
// By Jane Weber Brubaker //
The eHealthcare Leadership Awards honor the very best websites and digital communications from a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations. Winners of the 21st Annual eHealthcare Leadership Awards were announced today, November 17 at a special presentation at HCIC@Home, the virtual conference sponsored by Greystone.Net, our partner in presenting the awards for more than 20 years.
More than 200 organizations received recognition for their outstanding work. Winners of Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Distinction awards represent 18 industry classifications, from hospitals and health systems to pharmaceutical firms and medical device companies.
This year, the eHealthcare Leadership Awards recognized winners in 19 different categories: Best Annual or Special Report, Best Care/Disease Management, Best Intranet, Best Digital Internal Communications, Best Doctor Directory, Best Overall Digital Patient Experience, Best Healthcare Podcast, Best Healthcare Content, Best Social Media, Best Rich Media, Best Interactive, Best Mobile Website, Best Native Mobile App, Best Digital Marketing Campaign, Best Integrated Marketing Campaign, Best Internet Home Page, Best Site Design, Best Overall Internet Site, and Best COVID-19 Pandemic Related Communications.
Top Award Recognizes Five Winners
The Mark Gothberg eHealthcare Organizational Commitment Award is our highest honor, recognizing industry leadership, innovation, and commitment. Entries are evaluated on an organization’s overall digital approach and strategy, including web and mobile strategy, marketing, staffing, internal communications, and financial commitment. Most important, these organizations are judged by their results. This year, we recognized five winners of this prestigious award:
- BroadcastMed Network
- CMEducation Resources
- FAIR Health
- SCL Health
- Stanford Children’s Health/Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford
This year, we asked winners of the prestigious Mark Gothberg eHealthcare Organizational Commitment Award to send video acceptance speeches for the virtual awards presentation. Pictured below are the teams from BroadcastMed, followed by Stanford Children’s Health/Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford.
New This Year
The eHealthcare Leadership Awards program continually evolves, reflecting the evolution of the industry overall. We included a new category for 2020, Best COVID-19 Pandemic Related Communications, recognizing the amazing efforts of our industry in this challenging year.
The awards website eHealthcareAwards.com continues to advance, improving access to all information related to the awards for both entrants and judges.
For the second year, we worked with Siteimprove to generate an accessibility score for entries in the Best Mobile Website and Best Overall Internet category. A weighted accessibility score was combined with other criteria in evaluating entries in this category.
The contributions of MERGE, our design and multimedia partner for many years, were invaluable.
With Appreciation to Our Sponsors
A special thanks to this year’s sponsors for their support:
- Diamond Sponsors
- Private Health News’ award-winning, interactive e-communication solutions, content marketing, and engagement tools help clients build ongoing, targeted relationships.
- Geonetric’s healthcare-specific content management system, hosting, marketing strategies, and creative services are optimized for the unique needs of the healthcare industry.
- Platinum Sponsors
- BroadcastMed is the leading medical broadcasting and healthcare marketing company, with a range of video solutions, including production and promotion of ORLive surgical broadcasts, webinars, symposia, and CME events to highly engaged physician members.
- Healthgrades helps consumers find and schedule appointments with their provider of choice and helps health system clients across the country cultivate new patient relationships, improve patient access, and build customer loyalty.
- Kyruus delivers provider search and scheduling solutions that help health systems match patients with the right providers, enabling a modern and consistent patient experience, while optimizing provider utilization.
- Medicom Health’s online health risk assessments (HRAs) help hospitals convert online visits to office visits with versatile, 100 percent personalized health awareness tools.
- Reputation.com delivers a reputation management platform for large, multi-location enterprises, and helps healthcare organizations attract, acquire, and retain more patients with higher ratings and better patient reviews.
- Gold Sponsors
- CareDash is a healthcare search engine used by more than 2 million U.S. patients. CareDash partners with hospitals, specialty groups, telemedicine platforms, and healthcare agencies to help them engage and acquire new patients.
- Centretek is a full-service digital agency providing strategy, design, and development services for healthcare organizations. It is the leading provider of Drupal services for healthcare, specializing in open-source WCMS solutions.
- Core Health, Core Creative’s specialized healthcare marketing practice, helps healthcare providers overcome both external and internal challenges, providing creative solutions that drive business impact and brand alignment.
- CMG Health Marketing is a Center of Excellence for healthcare marketing. It partners with medical organizations to help save and change lives by connecting consumers locally with the healthcare providers they need.
- Klein & Partners provides research and consulting services — solely to the healthcare industry — that help clients find their brand’s voice. All of Klein & Partners’ quantitative and qualitative research and consulting services are geared toward improving your brand’s overall health.
- ndp, a leading healthcare marketing agency, provides clients with insights, confidence, and ultimately results, and believes in the power of creativity to make a positive difference in the world.
- PK Global is an experience engineering firm, combining great design and strong tech to build pioneering experiences for members, patients, physicians, and caregivers.
Acknowledging Our Judges
A total of 114 healthcare digital marketing experts judged the entries. Judges evaluated websites and other digital communications, comparing them with others in the organization’s classification. They also reviewed entries based on a proprietary multi-point standard of digital excellence. The Best Overall Internet Site category, for example, had to address more than 40 factors. Thanks to our judges for their invaluable contribution to the success of the awards.
If you believe you are qualified to serve as a judge, apply here.
Our sincere congratulations to all the winners of the 21st Annual eHealthcare Leadership Awards and their design or other agencies and service providers.
Jane Weber Brubaker is executive editor of Plain-English Health Care, a division of Plain-English Media. She directs editorial content for eHealthcare Strategy & Trends and Strategic Health Care Marketing, and serves as chair of the eHealthcare Leadership Awards. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.